Ashland Cultural Council
The mission of the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC) and its Local Cultural Council (LCC) partners is to promote excellence, access, education and diversity in the arts, humanities and interpretive sciences, in order to improve the quality of life for all Massachusetts residents and to contribute to the economic vitality of our communities. ACC’s cultural projects take place in schools, community centers, libraries, elder care facilities, town halls, parks, and wherever communities come together.
101 Main Street
Ashland, MA 01721-1191
Connect on Social
FY24 Local Priorities
Ashland Cultural Council will continue to support, develop relationships, and promote individuals and organizations that are within the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences. This is also inclusive of visual artists, performing artists, science educators, historians and other humanists, community, business and civic groups, social service organizations, schools, neighborhood centers and youth, senior and family associations. In order for Ashland Cultural Council to maintain and build new relationships, we seek to do the following:
1. Inform the Ashland Community about events and programming sponsored by the ACC and beyond
2. For local projects that have a large impact on the community, we will ensure to gather input from a wide array of diverse voices
3. ACC will strive to connect with local artists via networking and research
4. Connect creatives in our community and surrounding communities
5. Become a trusted go-to resource to find out about upcoming art events/programming in the area
6. Include diversity, equity, and inclusivity in all processes to ensure that marginalized individuals/communities feel integrated
7. Continue to find ways to promote the Ashland Cultural Council in the community to bring more awareness of our organization about also recruit diverse talent
FY24 Local Guidelines
1. Ashland Cultural Council will give priority to applications that are held within the Town of Ashland and benefit Ashland residents
2. ACC will always look for new applicants and/or for new projects each grant season.
3. The Project should be held at a venue that is easily accessible to the target audience. For instance, an afterschool elementary kids project needs to be easily accessible for the child, transportation cannot become an issue. A senior project needs to be reachable to seniors who cannot drive.
4. A specific date and location is necessary for the project to be considered.
5. The project should be free or affordable at a low cost to the residents of Ashland.
6. A breakdown of expected costs will be required for the application to be considered.
In addition, the following conditions must be met:
– Applicant’s project must be clearly related to the arts, humanities, civics, history or interpretive sciences.
– Applicant’s project must provide adequate public benefit for the Ashland community and provide adequate public access. An explanation of handicap accessibility of the venue must be included in the application.
– Applicant must have a clear, written commitment of location and date of event from sponsoring organization or venue.
– Funding for the applicant’s project must not substitute or replace other public funding of programs in the arts, humanities, civics, history or interpretive sciences.
– ACC funds are not intended to be used as the sole source of funding of projects.
– Ticket prices for events will be taken into consideration during grant approval process and must be included in your application.
– ACC’s support should be acknowledged during the program/project and verification of such must be provided for grant payout. All marketing materials should clearly indicate that this was possible with help from the Ashland Cultural Council and include the logo.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
|Ashland High School
||Ashland Music Association, Inc.
||Ashland Middle School Keyboards and Amplifier
||Ashland Parent Teacher Organization, Grades K-12, Inc.
||Ashland Public Library
||Crafting at the Ashland Library
||Hopkinton Center for the Arts
||Celebrate Ashland at the HCA
||MUSE, Inc - Musical Visits For Seniors
||Hip Hop Chair Dance for Seniors!
||Knock on Wood, acoustic folk-rock duo
||Water is life, life is water
||Science & Engineering Education Development, Inc.
||Fossil Program at the Ashland Public Library
||Southeastern Massachusetts Community Wind Symphony, Inc.
||The Friends of the Ashland Public Library, Inc
||The Pineapple Project
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines