Ashburnham Cultural Council
The Ashburnham Cultural Council (ACC) is a volunteer committee of Ashburnham residents educated and experienced in the Arts. Every Massachusetts town has a Local Cultural Council (LCC) whose key responsibility is to promote the ARTS, HUMANITIES, and INTERPRETIVE SCIENCES through grant money provided by the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC). This funding makes it possible for towns to offer a variety of public programs, activities, and events. ACC members work hard to research, evaluate, and support projects that offer Ashburnham and the surrounding communities diverse cultural and educational experiences. LCC grants help improve the quality of life for all residents and contribute to the economic vitality of our communities.
Interested in getting involved or becoming an ACC member?
CLICK HERE to visit the Ashburnham Cultural Council’s town web page.
Ashburnham Town Hall
32 Main Street
Ashburnham, MA 01430-1630
Connect on Social
FY23 Local Priorities
1. The applicant is an Ashburnham or neighboring resident, organization, or school.
2. The public’s ability to access and/or attend the applicant’s event during Covid-19.
3. The applicant provides a confirmed event date, audience, and venue.
*Ashburnham Cultural Council encourages applicants to include with their application a confirmation of the venue and date in the form of a commitment letter or approved reservation form from the venue host. However, the ACC is mindful that Covid-19 may make it difficult for applicants to secure a date and venue at this time.
FY23 Local Guidelines
1. Benefit to Ashburnham and local communities
2. Collaboration between and among artists and local institutions, groups, and organizations
3. Diversity of performer/presenter age groups, cultural backgrounds, and artistic disciplines
4. Size and age-range of intended audience
5. Relevance to current events
6. Artistic excellence (as reflected in resumes, letters, press, videos, and other qualifying materials)
8. Applicant’s ability to carry out the project as proposed
9. Amount of money requested and/or granted from other towns clearly stated on the application
LIMITATIONS & EXPECTATIONS:
2023 GRANT APPLICATIONS ARE DUE OCTOBER 17, 2022 BY 11:59pm
Council funds are not intended to be used as the sole source of funding for artists or organizations with ongoing projects (e.g. annual concerts, annual art exhibits, etc.).
If the grant application is for an event that services people from Ashburnham and other communities, we encourage applicants to solicit funds from the participating communities’ Cultural Councils as well.
The Ashburnham Cultural Council must be acknowledged as a sponsor on all program/event promotional material.
Costs for refreshments and transportation will not be funded.
ALL APPLICATION QUESTIONS MUST BE ANSWERED COMPLETELY! Incomplete applications will not be considered.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
A grant list will be published here after January 17, 2023 and once the Local Cultural Council has finalized their decisions.
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines