Acton-Boxborough Cultural Council
The Acton-Boxborough Cultural Council (ABCC) is a volunteer committee comprised of residents from both communities. Through our grant cycle we support local public programs that promote access, education, diversity and excellence in the arts. All of our meetings are open to the public.
29 Middle Rd
Boxborough, MA 01719-1402
Connect on Social
FY24 Local Priorities
Applications are initially screened using the following criteria:
All projects must follow State and Local safety guidelines in effect at the time of submission – should those guidelines change, projects must adapt.
We acknowledge the impact of extreme circumstances (e.g. pandemic) on programming and encourage creative approaches for your projects.
Specificity – project must include performance/exhibit date, audience, and confirmed venue. For a live event, application must include date and venue confirmation in the form of a letter or approved reservation form from the venue host. For a virtual event, application must include date (or date range) and hosting and/or sponsor confirmation.
For in-person performances/exhibitions, project must specify alternative plans in case the project cannot go on due to extreme circumstances (e.g. pandemic) or State/Town restrictions.
If the event is taking place outside of Acton-Boxborough, and you are not a resident of one of those towns, you must include a letter of support from an Acton-Boxborough resident with your grant application.
Non-substitution – Cultural Council funds are not intended to substitute, replace or relieve existing public funds for programs in the arts. Schools and libraries may only request funding for cultural enrichment activities that are led by outside artists, humanists or interpretive scientists. The cultural professional cannot be a current employee of the school system.
Applications will then be evaluated using all of the following criteria:
• Must demonstrate benefit to Acton and/or Boxborough residents
• Collaboration between and among artists and local institutions
• Artistic excellence (as reflected in resumes, letters, press, videos, other qualifying materials).
• Diversity of age groups, cultural backgrounds and artistic disciplines
• Feasibility – ability of the applicant to carry out the project as proposed (or an alternative due to extreme circumstances (e.g. pandemic) or State/Town restrictions)
• New projects will get priority
• Maximum community/audience impact, including ratio of dollars spent to number served. Applicants should elaborate the details on how they advertise to reach intended groups through multi-channel advertising, where applicable
• Projects for consideration must fall between July 1 of the current Fiscal year and December 31st of the following year.
• Only arts organizations are eligible to request funds to support fundraising events.
• Non-dependency for ongoing projects: Council funds are not intended to be used as the sole source of funding for artists or organizations with ongoing projects (e.g. annual concerts, annual art exhibits, etc.)
• Costs for refreshments should not be funded.
FY24 Local Guidelines
Information not provided
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY23 Funding List
|Acton Chinese American Civic Society, Inc.
||2022 Boston Asian Music Festival
||Acton Community Chorus, Inc.
||Acton-Boxborough Regional High School
||Acton Boxborough Regional High School - Orquesta de la Revolucion
||Boxborough Grange No. 131
||Tips for Planning the Successful Vegetable Garden
||Melodic Times - by Students of Maitreyee
||Chinese Family Network, Inc.
||Hands-On Demos of Renewable Energy to Immigrant Families
||Concord Prison Outreach, Inc.
||21st Century America: Reemergence of Hate Crimes
||Discovery Museum, Inc.
||Open Door Connections
||Fitchburg Art Museum, Inc.
||87th Regional Exhibition of Art & Craft
||Immigrant Songs - World Music in Massachusetts
||Groton Hill Music, Inc.
||Bach's Lunch Concert Series
||Window Seat 2022-2023
||A Cultural and Historical Reflection of the 1960s through the Music of The Beatles
||Dancing Joy with Dance Caliente
||Iron Work Farm in Acton, Inc.
||Jones/Faulkner Mills History exhibit
||Workers Struggles - An International Poster Exhibit
||Hip Hop Chair Dance for Seniors!
||Nashoba Valley Chorale
||Wake Up, My Spirit
||New Moon International Media, Inc.
||Boston International Asian Music Festival - Acton
||Open Door Theatre of Acton, Inc.
||The SpongeBob Musical
||Hip Swayers Trio Concert
||2023 Stone Carving Symposium
||Sounds of Stow, Inc.
||Sounds of Stow 2022-2023 Concert Season
||Digital Art Workshop
||The Cannon Theatre
||Tuition Support for Children's Programs
||The Concord Chorus, Inc.
||The Concord Orchestra, Inc.
||2022 - 2023 Season and Music Director Search
||The Concord Women's Chorus, Inc.
||The Harvard Town Band, Inc.
||NVCB FreeBee performance
||CrossTracks Band Performance
||Virginia Thurston Healing Garden, Inc.
||Artistic Movement: Moving to Heal
||Westford Chamber Players, Inc.
||Learning Diversity through Music
||Johnny Cash - Songs & Stories
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines