To experience this site in your native language, click below.
Para visitar este sitio web en su idioma nativo, haga clic a continuación.
Para experimentar este site em sua língua nativa, clique abaixo.
Back to Top
Winchester Cultural Council
The Winchester Cultural Council consists of volunteers appointed by the Select Board to support a wide variety of arts and cultural activities through grants, advocacy, and activities. Disciplines include visual arts (including Art in August and Art in the Park), music, dance, theater, photography, video (including the Just A Minute Festival), history, and literature, for people from youth to old age. New members are welcome.
Peter Pulsifer, Chair
71 Mount Vernon Street
Winchester, MA 01890-2700
Connect on Social
FY23 Local Priorities
1. Priority is given to applicants from Winchester residents and organizations, and that primarily serve Winchester and its residents. Outside applicants must include a letter of support from a local (Winchester) sponsor as part of the grant application (or forward such a letter to the Council by email no later than the application deadline).
2. We particularly encourage applications from local artists, performers, and other cultural creators.
3. Lower priority is given to projects which have been recently funded by the Winchester Cultural Council.
4. If the project’s budget is greater than $1000, preference is given to applications with outside funding or in-kind donations that are equal to or greater than the amount requested of the WCC, and are documented in the application.
5. Higher priority is given to projects that benefit a larger number of people relative to the amount of the grant.
6. Grant projects must take place during the calendar year for which the grant is given (i.e., not prior to the grant decisions).
7. Following the project, we require that photos, news clippings, testimonials from participants, or other appropriate documentation of the project or event be submitted to the WCC.
FY23 Local Guidelines
Information not provided
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
FY22 Funding List
|Winchester School of Chinese Culture, Inc.
||Chinese New Year celebration
|Wright-Locke Farm Conservancy, Inc.
||String Quartet Concert Series
|Town of Winchester
||Winchester Oral History Program
|The Griffin Museum of Photography, Inc.
||Photography Installations in Winchester
|North Suburban Child & Family Resource Network
||Cool Banana Wig Concert & Craft Session
|Winchester After School Program
|Winchester Community Music School Trust
||WCMS 40th Anniversary Commission Project
||The Just A Minute Festival
|Winchester Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
||Visit Winchester Website
|Brio Integrated Theatre, Inc.
||Winchester Porchfest 2022
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines
Mass Cultural Council publishes any updates as they become available. Last update was made on
October 5, 2022 at 04:31 PM UTC