Seekonk Cultural Council
The Seekonk Cultural Council (SCC), administered at the state level by the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC), distributes allocated state funds through Local Cultural Council grants to promote the arts, humanities, and interpretive science within the community.
The Local Cultural Council grant is awarded annually, in the fall of each year. The Council also welcomes inquiries from artists and educators of all disciplines, as well as local organizations seeking visiting artists and educators, in order to facilitate cultural events and happenings that benefit the community. In other words, we’re happy to help artists find venues, and help venues find artists!
Chair Bill Clark
Seekonk Town Hall
100 Peck Street
Seekonk, MA 02771-5199
FY22 Local Priorities
The Seekonk Arts Council funding priorities for this year include:
1) Artists/performers/cultural projects sponsored by local community organizations.
2) Proposals involving local artists.
3) Proposals that are connected to local events and venues in Seekonk.
4) Proposals that are tied into the curricula at the schools.
5) Proposals that reach an underserved population.
6) New applicants or projects that are underrepresented in the community.
7) Proposals where organizations contribute to event funding.
FY22 Local Guidelines
Artists/performers/cultural projects sponsored by local community organizations.
Proposals involving local artists
Proposals that are connected to local events and venues in Seekonk
Proposals that are tied into the curricula at the schools.
Proposals that reach an underserved population.
New applicants or projects that are underrepresented in the community.
How Grant Recipients Are Paid
Review Complete LCC Program Guidelines